THE 2019 FISH SCHOLARSHIP IS NOW OPEN!
Here at Fish Community Solutions we firmly believe in the power of education and our business was built around the philosophy:
Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for a lifetime.
As such, we’ve been offering our special education initiative, the Fish Scholarship, since 2014 to support individuals working at small non-profit organisations. This scholarship provides a place for one talented, up and coming fundraiser at the FIA Fundraising Essentials Course, valued at $495.
The course is the ‘101’ of fundraising, teaching you what you really need to know about fundraising, all wrapped neatly into a one day course. The course will be offered in the winner’s nearest capital city or through the online delivery mode if preferred. For more information about the course, visit the FIA website here.
The Fish Scholarship is open to those working with an Australian charity with limited professional experience. In line with our focus of teaching and educating small non-profits about fundraising and marketing, applicants must be working with organisations that are registered with the Australian Charities and Not-for-profit Commission and have an annual revenue less than $1,000,000.
This initiative is an opportunity for Fish to demonstrate that we are not only here to give you advice, but to help educate you about becoming financially sustainable so your organisation can continue to do what you do best.
- Applications open 17th June 2019 and can be submitted via our online application online application here. If you have trouble with the online form, you can contact us and request an application kit to assist in your completing the application.
- Applications close at midnight Sunday 14th July 2019.
- The judging panel, as chosen by Fish, will consist of three people, including Bianca (aka The Fish Chick)
- The judging panel will review all eligible applications within two weeks of closing date, scoring each applicant based on answers given within the application.
- The winning recipient will be notified via phone and/or email by late July
- The recipient must advise in which state they wish to undertake the FIA course (on selected dates in September/October 2019) and Fish will register and pay for their place. The recipient also has the option to do the online version of the Essentials course.
- Applicants must have less than five years’ professional fundraising experience.
- Applicants must be working with an organisation that:
- Has an annual revenue less than $1,000,000.
- Is registered with the Australian Charities and Not-for-profit Commission
- Applicants must provide a suitable referee from their organisation who is happy to be contacted for a brief phone interview to discuss the perceived benefits of attending the course.
For any enquiries about the Fish Scholarship please email us at email@example.com and we will get back to you as soon as we can.